Newcomer Information

Welcome to Mayodan! We are excited to have you here. This page is dedicated to providing information for newcomers and residents looking for information about the community. If you have other questions, please contact us at Town Hall (336) 427-0241.

Utility Services

Contact the Water Department at (336) 427-0241 to set-up water, sewer, solid waste and recycling services.

Private Utility Services

Service depends on your specific location.

Electric Service
Duke Energy: (800) 777-9898
EnergyUnited: (800) 522-3793

Natural Gas Service
Piedmont Natural Gas: (800) 752-7504

Phone and Cable Service
CenturyLink: (800) 366-8201
Spectrum: (877) 995-9182
DirectTV: (877) 373-9168
Vonage: (877) 457-4952

Local Schools

The Rockingham County School System is responsible for the local public school system.

Elementary students (K-5) may attend either John W. Dillard Elementary School or New Vision School for Science, Math, and Technology, an extended year magnet school.
Students in 6-8th grade attend Western Rockingham Middle School.
Students in 9-12th grade attend Dalton L. McMichael High School.
Rockingham Community College, located in Wentworth, offers course work in a variety of fields for students interested in transferring to a four-year college or continuing education opportunities for those in the workforce.

Driver’s License, Registration, & Voter Information

The North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is responsible for driver licenses, license plates, and vehicle registration. All vehicles must be inspected before registration. Additional inspection information.

To obtain a Driver’s License, visit the office listed below.
Wentworth Drivers License Office
111 Wilson-Way Road
Reidsville, NC 27320
Ph: (336) 634-5608
Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30

For vehicle registration and license plates, visit the office listed below. Madison License Plate Office
101 E. Murphy Street
Madison, NC 27025
Ph: (336) 949-4770
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 12:30 and 1:30 – 5:00

Voter Registration Information

You may register to vote when applying for a driver’s license or at other select State government offices. Additional information.